Recipe: Floral Pavlova
Executive Pastry Chef at The Grove has provided us with this delightfully floral pavlova recipe for you to try at home!
- 200g egg white (Top tip: room temperature eggs work best)
- 440g icing sugar
- 400g double cream
- 50g mascarpone
- 1/4 vanilla pod
- 1 peach – half sliced, half cubed
- 10 raspberries – sliced in half
- the zest of 1 lime
- edible flowers
- Pre-heat the oven to 90°C
- Place the egg whites and 400g icing sugar into a large bowl on a bain marie and whisk until the mix reaches 60°C.
- Once the mix is at temperature, transfer to an electric mixer and whip at high speed till cool.
- Onto a tray lined with baking paper, pipe blobs of the meringue mixture into a circular nest shape – approximately 20cm in diameter.
- If you’re feeling fancy, make a couple of meringue kisses by piping 3cm drop shapes elsewhere on your tray – leaving enough space between meringue to allow them to spread.
- Place in an oven and cook for 1.5 hours until the meringue is crunchy on the outside but a little soft and gooey in the middle.
- Turn off the oven and leave the meringue inside to cool with the door slightly ajar.
- Make the Mascarpone Chantilly by whipping the double cream, 40g icing sugar mascarpone and vanilla pod seeds together into soft peak.
- Place the cream into a piping bag and pipe onto the meringue creating height through the middle.
- Decorate the pavolva by placing slices and cubes of fresh peach onto the cream, along with the sliced raspberries (cut side facing up to avoid the juices bleeding onto the cream) and meringue kisses – if you made them.
- Garnish with edible flowers and a little fresh lime zest.